Delivery & Collection
Delivering & Collecting your Container
In order to ensure that your site is suitable for our containers, we have compiled a number of guidelines. Please consider the following questions:
Can your premises fit the container you require?
Please make sure that your site can accommodate the size of container you require, things to bear in mind are overhead cables, underground manholes, trees, safe access in and out of the premises.
Will our delivery vehicle be able to get to your premises?
Different container sizes require different delivery vehicles, some of which are extremely big & heavy so ensuring our delivery driver can get to you premises is the most important part of purchasing or hiring a shipping / storage container. We are not able to go across grass, muddy areas or uneven surfaces without discussing this with us first so we can access the grounds to see if the vehicle will be suitable to do this safely.
You may also want to take into consideration the following:
- The pre-delivery/collection inspection is to be carried out by the Buyer/Hirer/Site Manager
- If you wish to offload or load containers from a public highway, you will need to take responsibility for any legal implications
- You must ensure that any parked cars are moved prior to delivery/collection
- If the ground is deemed unfit, the driver can refuse to carry out the unloading/loading duties, and items will remain on hire until the ground is suitable
- Site contact names and numbers are to be submitted to Trade Container Services Limited
Cancelled or Postponed Transport
Any postponed deliveries and/or collections are to be notified by telephone call and emailed within 24 hours of the confirmed delivery/collection dates. If a Monday service has been booked, this has to be noted by close of play on the prior Thursday/Friday AM. Failure to do so will result in the full agreed transport charge being applied.